XTF: Search Results added

Philobiblon (sm)(tm)

Back to Search     Back to Results

ID no. of Institution BETA insid 5517
Name William Salloch [firm]
Associated places New York (1939) Ossining (1964 ca.)
Former owner of manid 6052 MS: Lugar desconocido: Biblioteca desconocida, olim Salloch cat. 222 n. 2. Galicia:, 1491 ca. - 1500 ca. Diego Enríquez del Castillo, Crónica de Enrique IV, escrito 1481 ca.
References (Most recent first) Catálogo: University of California, Berkeley (2010-2021-07-27), OskiCat [OPAC] , n. Z999 .W533
Note International League of Antiquarian Booksellers: “William and Marianne Salloch founded their company WILL IAM SALLOCH. Old, Rare and Scholarly Books, 344 E 17th Street, New York, in the year 1939. While William Salloch joined the US Army in 1942, his wife Marianne kept up the business which was moved to Greenwich Village in 1946. This was the beginning of an impressive career in the rare book trade: William and Marianne Salloch specialized in incunables, manuscripts and Renaissance and Baroque literature. They published 422 catalogues – many of them became important reference tools.”

Faulhaber 2019: la librería se trasladó a Ossining, NY, en 1964, según el catálogo OskiCat de Berkeley

Internet https://ilab.org/articles/william-salloch International League of Antiquarian Booksellers visto 2019-11-14
http://oskicat.berkeley.edu/record=b10896391~S1 OskiCat visto 2019-11-14
Record Status Created 2019-11-14